Clearing My Head

This is a journal of my trip through Scripture for 2006. The entries are my own personal notes on the passages, highlighting the things which stand out to me. I am using a Through-the-Bible-in-one-year plan, as well as a commentary on the Psalms by James Montgomery Boice, which I am using as a devotional.

Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Landmarks on the Journey - 3/28/06

Wow, what a month it's been. I hit my first roadblock on the journey -- real life. For two weeks, I neglected this journey, only managing to read bits and pieces of a few passages. My heart was involved in other areas. Some of it was my own fault. Some of it was the demands of the occasional family emergency. But I'm refreshed now and back on track.

My unstated goal of reading and commenting on the whole Bible by the end of November is in jeopardy at this point. But that's alright. I'll make up a little extra time. Plus I was already about ten days ahead of the one year pace anyway.

Even with the extra burden of blogging my thoughts after each passage, I missed sitting and reading God's Word in this fashion. Certainly I still was in the Word in preparation for Sunday mornings anyway, but this is a unique type of study. I'm glad to be back at it once again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home