Clearing My Head

This is a journal of my trip through Scripture for 2006. The entries are my own personal notes on the passages, highlighting the things which stand out to me. I am using a Through-the-Bible-in-one-year plan, as well as a commentary on the Psalms by James Montgomery Boice, which I am using as a devotional.

Monday, January 16, 2006

Psalm 13

"How long, O Lord?" What a familiar question. David is experiencing a "dry" period spiritually. His belief in God has not been shaken, yet he is hard pressed to find any evidence that God has taken any notice of him. The first two verses see David crying out to God asking four times, "How long will it be this way?"

By verses 3 and 4, David is in prayer. "Give light to my eyes..." Help David to see the end of the affliction.

Then in verses 5 and 6, David's prayer is answered. David returns to trusting God. He has been reminded of God's love and His presence through prayer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home