Clearing My Head

This is a journal of my trip through Scripture for 2006. The entries are my own personal notes on the passages, highlighting the things which stand out to me. I am using a Through-the-Bible-in-one-year plan, as well as a commentary on the Psalms by James Montgomery Boice, which I am using as a devotional.

Friday, January 27, 2006

Psalm 25

This psalm speaks of the perseverance of living the godly life. The guidance of God. He instructs, guides, teaches... David's message is clear. This is how to live a godly life - by learning from God Himself.

David is surrounded by his enemies, yet his confidence is unmistakeable. He remembers that he has been a sinner, yet he knows his sins have been washed away. He knows what his life has been like. Still he knows that God will not put him to shame; that is God will not disappoint him.

This psalm reads like an overview of God's character. He is both good and upright. He cannot abide sin, yet He provides a way for justice to be done. Yet as Chrsitians we need to be constantly learning from Him -- especially through His word.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home