Clearing My Head

This is a journal of my trip through Scripture for 2006. The entries are my own personal notes on the passages, highlighting the things which stand out to me. I am using a Through-the-Bible-in-one-year plan, as well as a commentary on the Psalms by James Montgomery Boice, which I am using as a devotional.

Monday, January 30, 2006

Psalm 26

Another of David's psalms with a similar these as the rest. Verses 3-5 remind us of Psalm 1, but this time David presents the positive side -- one who doesn't sit with deceitful men, etc.

What sets this psalm apart is verse 12 where David writes, "My feet stand on level ground..." A firm foundation for our faith is too often underestimated. David says that his blameless life and his trust in the Lord have set his feet strongly.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home