Clearing My Head

This is a journal of my trip through Scripture for 2006. The entries are my own personal notes on the passages, highlighting the things which stand out to me. I am using a Through-the-Bible-in-one-year plan, as well as a commentary on the Psalms by James Montgomery Boice, which I am using as a devotional.

Monday, January 30, 2006

Isaiah 23-28

I wish I had a lot more insight into these chapters. If anything, this passage shows me how little I've paid attention to these prophecies. I was reading on another blog about many pastor's refusal to preach on OT texts. My response was that I believe most pastors don't know the OT texts as they do NT texts. I'm afraid I'm probably accurate on this count. These prophecies speak to the power of God and His foreknowledge, yet the specifics escape us. Are these prophecies fulfilled in Christ? in the end of the exile? yet to be fulfilled? How literal are the prophecies of Chapter 24 concerning the devastation of the earth? Is this the destruction of Jerusalem or a future event? Many questions begging my research.

Chapter 25 is a mighty psalm of praise... "let us rejoice and be glad in his salvation."

Again I wonder when the prophecies of chapter 26-28 are fulfilled. I recognize the cornerstone prophecy of 28:16 which applies to Christ.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home