Clearing My Head

This is a journal of my trip through Scripture for 2006. The entries are my own personal notes on the passages, highlighting the things which stand out to me. I am using a Through-the-Bible-in-one-year plan, as well as a commentary on the Psalms by James Montgomery Boice, which I am using as a devotional.

Saturday, January 21, 2006

Psalm 18

The longest psalm so far, this one is again is filled with David's confidence in God. It is repeated almost exactly in 2 Samuel, just before David's death. Indeed it shows the life of a man who has made God his strength, but also someone who has stood firm on the Rock.

The Rock is not only a solid foundation, but also it is protection and shade in a dry and thirsty land.

David tells of his deliverances by God, first from God's point of view, complete with smoke and fire, then later from David's perspective. Again, David is pleading his righteousness, not as a perfect person but as one generally in line with God's will.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home