Clearing My Head

This is a journal of my trip through Scripture for 2006. The entries are my own personal notes on the passages, highlighting the things which stand out to me. I am using a Through-the-Bible-in-one-year plan, as well as a commentary on the Psalms by James Montgomery Boice, which I am using as a devotional.

Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Psalm 28

Building upon the theme of waiting, brought out at the end of Psalm 27, David calls to God for an answer. God has remained silent and David calls for help or else he will be dragged down with the evil people around him. Perhaps its an advanced case of peer pressure chipping away at the clean heart and the spotless mind. David calls for an answer soon before his resistance is gone. We cannot resist our sin nature on our own. We need the strength of the Almighty to get us through. Or else we too end up like those who speak nicely with the neighbors, but harbor malice in our hearts.

The second part of the psalm is a prayer of thanksgiving. Verse 7 reminds us that "I am helped" when I trust in Him. Possibly the trust in itself helps us.

Finally, the scope of David's praise is expanded to all of the nation. The Lord is not just David's strength, but also is the strength of his people. The blessings of the king also apply to his people.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home